Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am getting ready to clay bar and apply protectant To my Diesel 150. I have ordered F11 protectant and had a neighbor give me a Bottle of "Glare". I want to apply the best paint and finish protectant on my new truck and thought I would ask here as our readers really care about their vehicles.

I would appreciate any information the Forums readers may have concerning paint and finish protection.

Thank you all in advance,

Honest John
Spring Hill Florida

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hello everyone,
I am getting ready to clay bar and apply protectant To my Diesel 150. I have ordered F11 protectant and had a neighbor give me a Bottle of "Glare". I want to apply the best paint and finish protectant on my new truck and thought I would ask here as our readers really care about their vehicles.

I would appreciate any information the Forums readers may have concerning paint and finish protection.

Thank you all in advance,

Honest John
Spring Hill Florida
I have been using chemical guys for years and find their products to be best. They make a product called jet seal which I'd a paint sealant protector plus they make butter wax which can be layered with their other sealants. I have a buffer and can cut out small to medium sized scratches in paint.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Chemical Guys, from what I can recall is very popular in the detailing scene. Good proof of that is what detailers on autopia have to say about them, along with detailers on youtube. There's one well known guy by the name of Larry, from AmmoNYC. At one point i believe he endorsed them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had mine color corrected and the they applied CQuartz. Nothing sticks to it!

Hit it DI water and and blow dry and walk away. Best money I've spent on the rig.

Here is a shot after six month. I coat last 3 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am going to use Adams Ceramic coating and Ceramic boost on mine if I can ever get a nice weekend to prep the truck. FYI, I have a couple of friends using the F11 and they have said it does not last very long. Not really happy with it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was intrigued by F11 a while back, and after doing a bunch of research and reading real user reviews I came to the conclusion that F11 has advertising hype that doesn't deliver.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody for their info on paint protection.
Im just trying to give the truck the best coating possible.

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
Had mine color corrected and the they applied CQuartz. Nothing sticks to it!

Hit it DI water and and blow dry and walk away. Best money I've spent on the rig.

Here is a shot after six month. I coat last 3 years.
I am going to look into this, never heard of it before!

Reactions: CaptBWB

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
Looks like there are several installers in my area and around Houston.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got some kind of protectant on my truck from the dealer, Got the 3M coating on the front, Leather protectant, paint protectant, and undercoating as part of a package. they told me the leather and paint is guaranteed for 10 years, so if anything goes wrong I can just bring it back to them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anybody try PERMANON??

I saw this stuff a couple years back and finally bought some and used it this past weekend on my wife's new Infiniti QX50. I gotta say, it looks amazing. I plan on doing my 2019 F-150 diesel when it arrives in 5 weeks. I had Opti-coat Pro plus ceramic done to my 2015 F-150 and it was pretty nice, but I think the Permanon looks better. It is from Germany and I found it hard to find in Canada, but found it in the US at jetshineusa.com in Pittsburgh, New York. They carry the whole line. If you buy it, go for the PERMANON GOLD. I'm definitely buying some more.:laugh:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I did the paint wash and seal today.

I used my orbital buffer to lay some butter wax on the truck which as everyone knows these trucks have a lot of surface area. I did discover a trash particle in the paint on one side which I was expecting maybe more since it is a large truck and I'm sure ford paint processes are not the best in the auto industry.

Then I used some v07 synthetic sealant to smooth and blend the wax. I am happy with the results turned out great. I'm sure a ceramic coating would provide longer protection but I don't want to lay down ceramic coatings on a dry cleared base coat. I may try the jet ceramic seal stuff to see how it does but the butter wax combined with the orbital buffer came out nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts