Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not really related to diesels, but when I stopped by Crestview Ford today with my diesel they had a new 2021 King Ranch Powerboost. I’ve attached the window sticker. A few things I noticed with a quick looky. I did like the bigger information/navigation screen, but a little disappointed in the King Ranch leather. It is now a more 2-tone brown (lighter and darker) vs the standard sort of cognac leather we’ve became accustomed to. Also the folding running boards don’t come down as far making the first step a little higher. 24 mpgs for both city and highway. $75,315

I think I’ll keep my Powerstroke.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
524 Posts
I have never bonded with the KR color scheme, each to their own. Interesting the hybrid engine is valued at $2,500 while our little diesel is close to double that if you can find one. Nice they have a wireless charging pad. I wonder if you can use Apple Carplay with the wireless charger.

The $880 tow tech package with 360 cameras would be nice if the Ford engineers would allow you to use the cameras you paid for while enroute. It is a real shame they disable them.

·
Administrator
782 Posts
If a PowerBoost KR stickers over $75K, then I am going to guess that a PowerBoost Platinum stickers for over $80K.

Considering the sicker on my 2018 loaded PS Diesel Platinum w/$5K Diesel engine upcharge was just north of $70K, I am amazed at how Ford has added at least $10K to the price of a truck in just three (3) model/calendar years.

Is anyone else alarmed by the price increases here? They seem to add $10K to the high end trim levels every new F150 generation. I am in the unique position that I have basically bought the same F150 the last three (3) times:
  • 2010 F150 Platinum V8 5.4L Gas (12th gen) = $50K
  • 2015 F150 Platinum V8 5.0L Gas (13th gen) = $65K (Factory ordered) with 1st aluminum body
  • 2018 F150 Platinum V6 3.0L Diesel (13th gen) = $70K (Factory ordered) including $5K diesel engine upcharge
  • 2021 F150 Platinum V6 3.5L PowerBoost Gas/Hybrid (14th gen) > $80K?
I guess if we keep paying for them, Ford will keep raising the prices...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A 2021 Limited MSRP $78,780 and a Platinum MSRP $75,430 (marked down to $65,623 possibly 2 wheel drive) are listed on autotrader.com. Both hybrid but don’t know what optional packages they have.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just checked the window sticker on that 2021 platinum and it is a 4 wheel drive With 701a package And several more options Attached window sticker
C8E3C939-6D64-43D6-8C25-04AA86FDB713.jpeg

·
Administrator
782 Posts
@Milehghcty - Add in 701A package along w/sunroof/ramps/bed liner/side-steps and I guarantee you it will be over $80K... Been thru the Build your Vehicle pages enough on my 2015 and 2018 to know, so maybe I'll build my same truck with the PowerBoost option on the Ford website when I have some down time...

·
Administrator
860 Posts
If a PowerBoost KR stickers over $75K, then I am going to guess that a PowerBoost Platinum stickers for over $80K.

Considering the sicker on my 2018 loaded PS Diesel Platinum w/$5K Diesel engine upcharge was just north of $70K, I am amazed at how Ford has added at least $10K to the price of a truck in just three (3) model/calendar years.

Is anyone else alarmed by the price increases here? They seem to add $10K to the high end trim levels every new F150 generation. I am in the unique position that I have basically bought the same F150 the last three (3) times:
  • 2010 F150 Platinum V8 5.4L Gas (11th gen) = $50K
  • 2015 F150 Platinum V8 5.0L Gas (12th gen) = $65K (Factory ordered) with 1st aluminum body
  • 2018 F150 Platinum V6 3.0L Diesel (12th gen) = $70K (Factory ordered) including $5K diesel engine upcharge
  • 2021 F150 Platinum V6 3.5L PowerBoost Gas/Hybrid (13th gen) > $80K?
I guess if we keep paying for them, Ford will keep raising the prices...

2015+ would be 13th gen.
2021+ would be 14th gen.

I believe.

·
Registered
2020 XLT Crewcab 3.0 PS 6.5 bed
20 Posts
It will be interesting to see how well full size hybred trucks are received by the truck buying public. To me they are just an oversized Prius. Also has the upgrade charge for the 3.0 PS decreased? The sticker showed $3K on my '20 XLT.

·
Administrator
782 Posts

·
Administrator
782 Posts
It will be interesting to see how well full size hybrid trucks are received by the truck buying public. To me they are just an oversized Prius. Also has the upgrade charge for the 3.0 PS decreased? The sticker showed $3K on my '20 XLT.
Yes, it looks like Ford did cut the diesel upcharge from $5000 down to $3000 on 2020 and 2021 models based on the stickers I am seeing. I guess I haven't been paying attention, so I need to drop $2000 off my 2021 F150 Plantinum estimate above, as I thought Ford was still charging the $5K premium for the 3.0L V6 PowerStroke.

Us 2018 model year early adopters "took it in the shorts" with the $5000 engine upcharge coupled with ZERO incentives, with 2018 F150 Diesels being excluded from even generic new vehicle offers:
which I figured cost me ~$5K over ($3K over V8 + $2K in incentives) what we should have paid, so maybe the 2018 F150 Diesel is a pricing anomaly because of the initial $5K upcharge and lack on incentives = again ties back to the thread on why we aren't seeing more F150 Diesels at Ford dealerships.

·
Administrator
782 Posts
@Milehghcty - looks like you are right, as the couple F150 Platinums I built thru the Ford website came in between $75K and $76K, so that sticker or the KR you posted must have been loaded to make it in the same price range as a loaded Platinum, and besides the badging, I'm not sure what more you get for $78K Limited price tag, as the Limited trim locks you into a single engine (V6 3.5L EcoBoost) and drivetrain.

Kinda funny how there is only a $2-3K difference between the loaded KR, loaded Platinum, and Limited trim packages now...

I need to walk away now, as I am supposed to be keeping my 2018 F150 Platinum for 10+ years...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What I'm seeing concerning pricing, the KR with the chrome package option ($1995) is often times priced nearly the same price as a Platinum similarly equipped. You can't get the chrome package on a Platinum. The Platinum may have some of the options included in the 701a package where they are a separate option for the KR 601a package. Although I bought my KR used, I wanted the chrome bumpers. Since I tow behind a motorhome, I thought the chrome bumpers would possibly chip less than a panted bumper for those pebbles/rocks thrown up by the MH. Time will tell if chrome chips less than painted bumpers.

I also think I'll be keeping my KR forever ... so really doesn't make any difference as probably will be buying another vehicle this year to replace the wifes SUV, but won't be a pickup.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not really related to diesels, but when I stopped by Crestview Ford today with my diesel they had a new 2021 King Ranch Powerboost. I’ve attached the window sticker. A few things I noticed with a quick looky. I did like the bigger information/navigation screen, but a little disappointed in the King Ranch leather. It is now a more 2-tone brown (lighter and darker) vs the standard sort of cognac leather we’ve became accustomed to. Also the folding running boards don’t come down as far making the first step a little higher. 24 mpgs for both city and highway. $75,315

I think I’ll keep my Powerstroke.
i looked at a xlt power boost 55k ouch

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lot of guessing going on here. If you actually build up a KR and a Platinum the same way, the KR is MORE at $76k than the Platinum at $74.7k. However, the Platinum has more STANDARD options than the KR, thus the higher base prices Hit the Build site. You’ll see. I’ve been comparing the two every year since I had my 2016 KR, and the fully optioned KR always costs $1,500 to $2,000 more.
I’m not a fan of the orange 2018-2020 KR interior so I always considered a Platinum. Now, for 2021, the grey Platinum interior looks putrid. The pillowed stitching reminds me of the Michelin Man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts