Diesel F150 Forum banner
321 - 327 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, sorry for going MIA. Life’s been hectic and I completely forgot to update.

Long story short, on 12/01 I received a call from my service advisor that Ford WILL in fact cover the engine replacement under the recall. I was very happy and pleased to hear that, considering the fact that it’s a rebuilt title and warranty is void. According to the service advisor, the reason why it’s been taking so long is that Ford had the dealership jump through various hoops and diagnostics to make sure the truck wasn’t abused and no after market parts were installed that may have caused the rattle/engine failure.

I was told that the truck should be ready to pickup at the end of last week (around 12/10).
We’ll, end of last week rolled around so I called them to get an update. The service advisor ended up telling me that the replacement engine arrived on 12/08, but it will actually be completed at the beginning of this week.
Decided to pay a visit to the service department today and they’re now telling me that it will be ready at the beginning of NEXT week.
12/25 will mark 2 months of the truck being at the dealership. I’m not one to complain and have been VERY patient with them, but this is getting ridiculous.

I will be visiting with the service manager tomorrow to see if I can push them to get an exact date of completion from them. I just can’t afford to wait much longer and keep getting a runaround for another two months.

On the bright side though, I’m excited that it’s turning out the way I had hoped it would, because I love the truck and dont plan on getting rid of it.

I definitely really appreciate all of the input from you guys and am happy to answer any questions or take suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
720 Posts
That is great news. Hopefully you will be able to be made whole again as this could have gone either way. Do you think the dealer is slow due to just being overworked or is it something else? You (and the dealer) did a great job of getting Ford to stand behind this with a brand new engine so I hope the rest of the story is upbeat as well.

·
Administrator
979 Posts
@GrayF150 - Whew! Feel like you just "got the call from the governor" for a stay of execution?

Glad to hear Ford decided to stand behind their product, as legally they were not required to according to their generic warranty escape clause for salvaged titles. I understand your growing impatience due to the delay in the engine replacement, but I imagine this is not a trivial work order and something I would bet they have never done before, so I'd be willing to give them some leeway to get this right.

I'd be thanking my lucky stars that you are getting a new engine our of this whole ordeal and narrowly missing a $15K cost to you = that is my definition of a Merry Christmas!

Reactions: navyR113

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey guys, sorry for going MIA. Life’s been hectic and I completely forgot to update.

Long story short, on 12/01 I received a call from my service advisor that Ford WILL in fact cover the engine replacement under the recall. I was very happy and pleased to hear that, considering the fact that it’s a rebuilt title and warranty is void. According to the service advisor, the reason why it’s been taking so long is that Ford had the dealership jump through various hoops and diagnostics to make sure the truck wasn’t abused and no after market parts were installed that may have caused the rattle/engine failure.

I was told that the truck should be ready to pickup at the end of last week (around 12/10).
We’ll, end of last week rolled around so I called them to get an update. The service advisor ended up telling me that the replacement engine arrived on 12/08, but it will actually be completed at the beginning of this week.
Decided to pay a visit to the service department today and they’re now telling me that it will be ready at the beginning of NEXT week.
12/25 will mark 2 months of the truck being at the dealership. I’m not one to complain and have been VERY patient with them, but this is getting ridiculous.

I will be visiting with the service manager tomorrow to see if I can push them to get an exact date of completion from them. I just can’t afford to wait much longer and keep getting a runaround for another two months.

On the bright side though, I’m excited that it’s turning out the way I had hoped it would, because I love the truck and dont plan on getting rid of it.

I definitely really appreciate all of the input from you guys and am happy to answer any questions or take suggestions.
Could definitely be worse!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was very concerned about have a second EGR bypass valve replacement done on my 2018 KR. After the first, I, like several others, found unattached brackets, dangling wires and hoses. But with a pending trip from northern Michigan to SW Florida towing a 5000 boat, I needed it done. I scheduled the visit about a week in advance, and requested confirmation the part was on hand before I made the 45 minute trip to the dealership. I also mentioned the condition in which my engine compartment was left after the first replacement. I did get the confirmation of parts on hand. I arrived at the service department just before my appointment time of 9:00 am. I told them I'd be waiting for the truck.
the tech started the job at 10:am. to shorten the story, I'll just say that even though the service department closed at 7:00pm, the tech and service advisor both stayed late and finished up just after 9:pm. the truck sounded and ran fine on the way home. the next morning I did an inspection of the vehicle, and it was obvious that attention had been paid putting everything back together. Kudos to them! As an aside, the trip down was uneventful. Speeds between 65 and 70 mph, and a calculated mpg of 15.6. BTW, that's about what my 2013 platinum 3.5 ecoboost got not towing. Love this truck.
BH

·
Registered
2019 XLT SuperCrew 3.0 PS
37 Posts
I'm looking at purchasing a second 3.0 diesel F-150 that is currently at a non-Ford dealership. It is a 2019 Lariat with 39,000 miles. I have inquired about the 20E04 EGR by-pass recall and the dealership says there is no open recalls on this pickup. They provided me a carfax report that shows it had 19N06 door latch freezing, 20M04 door lock actuator, and 21M06 unintended tailgate opening CSP's done, but there is nothing listed on the EGR by-pass recall. The salesman says he can't get an Oasis report because he isn't a Ford dealer. How can I check for sure if this pickup had the 20E04 recall done or if it even needs it?

Thanks

321 - 327 of 327 Posts