Administrator
878 Posts
2-2E07C?!?

Reactions: navyR113

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Is it back? I had my truck in today at the dealer for some other work, and the work order says they checked the truck, and recall 20e07 - pcm reprogram was applicable, to which they performed. The work order says 20E07C 0.4W. I never did bring it in for the recall before they canceled it, and it wasn't caught either when I had it in for service back in march.
Last I knew the newest version was 20E07B. Sounds like there's a newer version out there which you got. I'll ask next time I have to go to the dealership.

·
Administrator
878 Posts
Last I knew the newest version was 20E07B. Sounds like there's a newer version out there which you got.
Which makes one wonder if there is an issue with 20E07/20E07A/20E07B???

You noted how they put a screeching halt to 20E07/A for a while and 20E07B has replaced it.

What happens to everyone who has the PCM programming for the base (w/o any updates for 20E07) or 20E07/A/B? Should I see another notification for 20E07 in Ford Pass?

I sure wish Ford would provide more details, as I can't tell if they are screwing up or incrementally improving things...

Sorry, I test software for a living, and the engineer in me wants to know what is changing...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Which makes one wonder if there is an issue with 20E07/20E07A/20E07B???

You noted how they put a screeching halt to 20E07/A for a while and now 20E07B has replaced it.

What happens to everyone who has the PCM programming for the base (w/o any updates for 20E07) or 20E07/A? Should I see another notification for 20E07 in Ford Pass?

I sure wish Ford would provide more details, as I can't tell if they are screwing up or incrementally improving things...

Sorry, I test software for a living, and the engineer in me wants to know what is changing...
And Laytunes just got 20E07C. Something must be up; companies don't generally release this many updates- let alone newer versions of the same update- this quickly and close together when everything is going well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
And Laytunes just got 20E07C. Something must be up; companies don't generally release this many updates- let alone newer versions of the same update- this quickly and close together when everything is going well.
Whatever it is it sounds like it's just related to the SCR, so probably just something with the DEF dosing calibration under various scenarios. The truck doesn't feel any different, nor has my fuel economy changed. I never had anything in the ford app since the first recall disappeared, so it's probably not something that's critical, although I agree, it would be nice to know.

·
Administrator
878 Posts
My truck is at the dealer today for new tires and lug nuts, and as part of the review of what it to be performed, my Service Advisor indicated they would also be performing 20E07 as part of the RO. 20E07 still isn't showing up under recalls in the FordPass app, so I asked for some details. Definitely Emissions SCR-related (E in the CSP stands for Emissions) and the procedure is to update the PCM to 122.03 or higher.

He wasn't sure if it was to get more data or they are tweaking a setting, but he did relay to me that this 20E07 is across-the-board including all 250 SuperDutys and above. This makes me feel like this is EPA-mandated dealing with emissions reporting, and not to address an issue with our F150s specifically.

I would expect everyone to have this performed on the next service as it is an across-the-board diesel update = this is considered a CSP (Customer Satisfaction Program) so they are not required to send recalls letters but rather address it the next time you show up for service.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts