Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ford F-150 3.0 Diesel
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just wanted to get some opinions when it comes time to replace my brakes. I tow a 7000 pound travel trailer with my 3L diesel. When it comes time to replace my brakes I’m considering installing the Power Stop Z36 Truck & Tow Brake Upgrade kit. The kit comes with new rotors and brake pads for all wheels. I’m certainly not an expert on brakes. So I was wondering if anyone has any reason why this would be a bad idea and instead go with the OEM brakes?

·
Super Moderator
577 Posts
I did that with my 2013 after several attempts to stop warping. After a period of time one rotor developed a slight warp so I took the rotors to a shop to have them turned. I didn't know they won't turn slotted and drilled. So they make great paperweights after that.

I went with ceramic pads and that did the trick. I don't know why.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just put Power Stop Extreme pads on my Ram at 100,000 miles. OEM's were still barely worn, should have just cleaned em up and reinstalled. Anyway, the Power Stops seem to work fine and they had a very interesting "break in bedding" procedure that I followed to a T. Still I get some squeaking backing up, that oem's did not have. If I had a F150, would be inclined to use oem Ford ones.

·
Registered
2018 F150 Lariat, 2015 Dodge Charger R/T, 2012 Chevrolet Avalanche
7 Posts
So I just wanted to get some opinions when it comes time to replace my brakes. I tow a 7000 pound travel trailer with my 3L diesel. When it comes time to replace my brakes I’m considering installing the Power Stop Z36 Truck & Tow Brake Upgrade kit. The kit comes with new rotors and brake pads for all wheels. I’m certainly not an expert on brakes. So I was wondering if anyone has any reason why this would be a bad idea and instead go with the OEM brakes?
Power Stop is not a bad idea. In fact the Z36 is made specially for towing. I also upgraded mine with new rotors and I was blown away with the stopping power compared with stock oem ones. I think it is a worthy investment for safety purpose. I stumbled a site and there is a good explanation here : Power Stop Brake Review 2021 | Best Tested Powerstop Products | MOTORING CRUNCH.

·
Registered
2018 Ford F-150 3.0 Diesel
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts