Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XLT Crewcab 3.0 PS 6.5 bed
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my daughter flying in for the Thanksgiving holiday I put on a lot of highway miles and was able to get an idea of fuel mileage on the new truck. 500+ miles of hilly Ozark terrain @ 60-70 MPH limits. The dash read 27.6 but hand calculation was 26.2. Not too bad on winter blend fuel. The amazing thing was that with all of the long, steep uphill grades the transmission never shifted down. My '17 5.0 6 speed would always downshift 1 and sometimes 2 gears on several of these hills even with 3.73 rear gears.

With the trip meter being 5.3% optimistic is there a way for the computer challenged to calibrate it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
With my daughter flying in for the Thanksgiving holiday I put on a lot of highway miles and was able to get an idea of fuel mileage on the new truck. 500+ miles of hilly Ozark terrain @ 60-70 MPH limits. The dash read 27.6 but hand calculation was 26.2. Not too bad on winter blend fuel. The amazing thing was that with all of the long, steep uphill grades the transmission never shifted down. My '17 5.0 6 speed would always downshift 1 and sometimes 2 gears on several of these hills even with 3.73 rear gears.

With the trip meter being 5.3% optimistic is there a way for the computer challenged to calibrate it.
my 2012 xlt with 5.0 did the same thing but my 2019 3.0 with the 10 speed cruises great don't notice shifts .For a better MPG run the Ford cetane booster/cleaner with every tank Iam getting 30mpg highway plus ,21 to 24 city all the time I also put a cleanable K&N stock replacement air filter in also.The cetane additive with cut down on it going into regen as often .

·
Registered
32 Posts
To address this question: "With the trip meter being 5.3% optimistic is there a way for the computer challenged to calibrate it. "
See this post (admin - please remove if not appropriate):

1 - 3 of 3 Posts