Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roush released some teasers of the Roush Nitemare F-150 that will be shown off for SEMA. They're calling this one the world's fastest production pickup truck. We have no details currently on it but we do have details on the prior Nitemare F-150 that we may be able to draw some speculation from.

The 2007 Roush Nitemare F-150 produced 445hp and 500lb-ft of torque out of a 5.4L V8 Supercharged. Roush only built 100 of those.

Think they'll stick to the 100 units ? What kind of engine are you expecting ? Predicted power outputs ?

Some photos were snipped from the video Roush released, photos on MotorAuthority.

·
Registered
162 Posts
They'll most likely sell only a limited amount to retain the value of their pickups. I'm hoping to see the 600-hp of the Roush F-150 SC repeated again this year. It may not be a hellcat, but 600 hp is still substantial.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
600hp is still going to be amazing. I would love a 600hp truck lol. I've always looked at the Ram SRT-10 and thought that was crazy back in the days. Wonder what the price point would be though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Roush released some teasers of the Roush Nitemare F-150 that will be shown off for SEMA. They're calling this one the world's fastest production pickup truck. We have no details currently on it but we do have details on the prior Nitemare F-150 that we may be able to draw some speculation from.

The 2007 Roush Nitemare F-150 produced 445hp and 500lb-ft of torque out of a 5.4L V8 Supercharged. Roush only built 100 of those.

Think they'll stick to the 100 units ? What kind of engine are you expecting ? Predicted power outputs ?

Some photos were snipped from the video Roush released, photos on MotorAuthority.
Excuse me but is this topic dieselrelated?:|

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excuse me but is this topic dieselrelated?:|
Not at all, that's why it's in the Off Topic section :wink2:

Always nice to get some other conversation going so we can relieve our habits on ranting and raving about something else occasionally that's remotely sort-of related.. It's an F150 :wink2:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe it'll have Ford's EcoBoost twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 engine under the hood over a V-8?
That's actually not such a far fetched idea considering the NA V8s are a dying breed. It would have to be capable of producing over 550hp IMO. But now saying that I'm realizing that the new Ford GT uses a twin-turbo V6 and produces 600+ hp

·
Registered
162 Posts
Why yes good sir who built that thing, it is an addiction. Looks like some crazy concoction I would think up as a kid.

won't really be surprised to see a V-6 that can pump out 600hp, people who buy these trucks will be taking a hard look at the specs and the more hp the better.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The display that they put it in really had some serious though. Like a nostalgic feeling to it.

I would hope that thing packs some serious horsepower and torque. Those wheels are huge and definitely need a good amount of power to get em' moving lol. There's that, and if they were to have skimped on the powerplant side of things, it would have been a fail of a build

·
Registered
308 Posts
Being supercharged it will have good off the line power but still, i'm going to want to see a dyno chart showing where power is made compared to OEM since that's what will sell me on these. BUT being so limited, I bet they will be sold out FAST, some deposits probably have been put down as I type this.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do we have any idea of how many they will be building though ? A lot of people will definitely want these because of how "exclusive" they'll be. If they're going to be limited to 100 like the other was, then I'm sure people will be buying them and selling them back for a higher price after.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's expected to go from 0 to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds with its V8 5.0L block engine that's supposed to pump out 500 hp. The 20-inch wheels may make it look beefier, but the aluminium body make sit 200 kilos lighter.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love that. Nothing over the top, very simplistic designs. The big wheels are great, gonna need a good bit of grip to transfer that power to the ground. Strap a pro-charger to that and you're looking at an easy 600.. I like.... ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
None of those extreme lifts, extreme spoilers, etc. The Roush Nitemare F-150 is something we would buy and that's probably how they plan to sell their products, to the average buyer who doesn't want to go to the extremes in terms of looks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So from what I read on Motor Authority, this new one comes with a Supercharged 5.0 V8 that produces 600hp and 557lb-ft of torque. So I don't need to strap on a Pro-Charger anymore ! ;) Best part is, you can also add Mickey Thompson tires !

·
Registered
308 Posts
Someone concerned about resale value might find this to be a good buy since unlike something you build yourself, there will be people specifically looking for this and depending on the market you sell it in, you can in the green.... or red. I don't like to keep vehicles for long, so going this route is preferred.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is great for someone concerned about resale.

Add a supercharger kit yourself, the vehicle immediately dives in resale value.

Buy a supercharged limited run edition, value holds for a good time and can even raise depending on how long you keep it

I personally would love to have one of these, but depends on what the price range is going to be like. I'm sure it's up there for sure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts