Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a letter last week with this number recall notice. My truck is a 2021 4WD Lariat+.

“On your vehicle, underbody insulators may loosen and contact the aluminum driveshaft, resulting in marking or scoring of the driveshaft. Continued driving may result in driveshaft fracture.” Then there are several more paragraphs about possible dangers and to make an appointment with a Ford dealer to have it corrected, etc.

I didn’t see this recall number come up in a search of the archives here. I wonder if this is new and just for the 2021 models, just for the 4WD models, or what. Has anyone else received the recall notice? Do you have a 2021, or different year? 4WD or 2WD?

·
Super Moderator
715 Posts
This one seems to only affect 2021 and 2022 models. From TFL
Ford Recalls 184,000 2021-2022 F-150 Trucks For Potential Driveshaft Fracture
They discuss it at TFL. It doesn't seem specific to diesels but to supercrews. We should be hearing from some of the other "new truck" owners about this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The dealer I bought my truck from informed me of the recall. He delayed my taking delivery of the truck until the recall repairs were completed. Said he couldn’t sell the truck until they were done. It wasn’t a big deal they had it done in less than half an hour once the approved fasteners came in. I noticed the same recall is listed for the Super Duty trucks as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.