Diesel F150 Forum banner

SCT BDX tuner

5K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  navyR113 
#1 ·
1st post, lurker for a bit. I'm sure this has been covered and yes i've used the search function. Question is, does anyone know if the BDX tuner is detectable after I remove it and place it back to stock? I spoke with SCT today and the sales guy told me that it would not leave any trace or footprint. I'm a little leary of this as he didn't seem all that knowledgeable. I'm still under factory warranty and have an extended one aswell. I don't want to void them. Thank you in advance

#2 ·
Yes they can, but they have to really be looking for it. They will only check if you blow your motor, not if you radio goes out.

#4 ·
Look into Stealth Performance

#6 ·
Lots happy with it on Facebook. Cant listen to Banks. I run ECM tuming, but I would maybe run Stealth if I was in your shoes.
Personally I would get ECM emissions friendly tuning from like AMDP or Proven and just return to stock if you ever had to take it in for motor/trans issues.

I again know of multiple emissions OFF guys that have returned to stock and successfully warrantied turbo lines, etc. All said dealer didnt even check, they want the money to fix it. Only way you are going to get checked if it you take it in there on a flatbed with a blown motor demanding Ford to pay for it.

Reactions: navyR113
#8 ·
The device doesnt matter, SCT BDX or EzLynk. Its the tunes. I am sure SCT has emissions friendly tunes, yes.

Proven or AMDP are more custom tuners that spend time with the trucks to dial them in. I dont know much about SCTs knowledge of the 3.0.

You can get Proven custom tunes on a BDX, FYI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.