Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 XLT, 95,000 mile has been having dropout issues with the SYNC 3 system. Will not retain phone hookup, nav inputs or connection to my address book. Have loaded all updates. FOMOCO says "take it to the dealer."
I'm assuming the control module is going bad. Anyone had this problem? Cost to fix?

·
Super Moderator
715 Posts
Interesting timing. My daughter visited yesterday in a 2022 Kia rental car and complained that Carplay kept dropping out so she was having trouble with navigating and phone usage. I told her my 2018 F150 did the exact same thing, not daily but probably weekly. Once I shut it off and walk away it works next trip.

I don't plan to take it to a dealer unless I find the dealers can fix this, seems like lots of these issues out there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An auto writer mused that the Lightning is essentially a rolling pack of technology. And Ford has, so far, not shown much prowess with tech issues. They certainly don't have the customer support that a tech heavy product requires.
I'll talk to my service folks and see what they say.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I’d be inclined to disconnect the battery for a while and see what happens. I had a 2013 F-150 and it had some irritating issues with the greatest being while using navigation, it appeared that I was 100 feet to the right of the road. So it spent a lot of time trying to get me back on the road. Batt disconnect worked for that truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure what you are seeing. I have had issues with autoplay and my samsung phone in my 2019 F150. Best solution I have found. Do not plug in phone. Goto sources and have it start playing audio from the phone. Wait a minute and plug in phone. There seems to be race condition between the blue tooth and the usb and if you get the BT stable then the usb connect is good.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've had similar issues. Restarting my phone and/or performing a soft reset of the truck's radio usually does the trick to get it sorted.

My biggest annoyance with the sync radio since I bought the truck is that sometimes the USB connections in the console- the ones for charging and Android Auto/apple carplay- will sometimes take 5-10 minutes to charge the phone or connect to the radio. Other times as soon as you start the truck it's good to go. No idea why. In my Challenger it's always instantaneous. 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 - 7 of 7 Posts