Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My current version of sync is Gracenote Version 1.1.1.1139 (AA-0010). 2018 King Ranch. Fordpass tells me after entering my vin that there is an update sync3 v3.0.19205. Looks like I should update, however, when I tried to do via Wifi, the screen indicates there is no updates (or assume there isn't any updates because the screen shows "Last checked for updates" and todays date). Additionally, the webpage for Fordpass indicates you can't do via WiFi because of known issues. I can download to a thumb drive and do the update, but curious if anyone has done and did it create any issues? Is there an advantage over what I have now, vs this new version?

I have another question on the Nav update, but will ask in a separate thread.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
524 Posts
The wifi is a no-go, don't even waste your time. Upgrading is fairly easy if you can download the correct version. I did it when V3.0 first came out but I was using the russian site and got things out of order. There is just enough RAM memory to do the upgrade in the truck but I ended up with a German voice and no way to replace it with the North American version. Dumb me. Anyway, finally got it figured out and all works great. I should have waited for the official version. Anyway, it does take up to 1/2 hour once you get started.

I did the nav upgrade as well and it went well.

Reactions: navyR113

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Did you notice a difference between your original version of Sync and the Sync 3.0?

I'll try later this week to do the Sync update and also update the NAV.

·
Super Moderator
524 Posts
I did this a while back but I remember the differences were worth the effort, split screen display for one, improved Apple car play. I am on a long trip pulling my camper right now and the use of my phone with the Ford system is flawless.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally did the update. Worked well and no problem with the update. Really can't see any difference after the update, but haven't tried all functions yet. Next is updating the nav ... Have new maps on a thumb drive and the next time I drive for an hour or ao, will try the update. The recommendation was it would take an hour to load.

·
Administrator
860 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did the update after I could not get the map update I paid for to load right. Wound up needing to get the display replaced, and then the dealer did the update. Today, I uploaded the latest map update from a USB sent to me by Ford. Voice navigation won’t work... again. Same reason they replaced the display for back two months ago. Sync is crap. I spent $40 for the USB from Ford, and here I sit. The dealer has no idea what’s up, but “will look at it”. That’s fine, but Ford has no record of issues from anyone. I tried to get my $40 back or a new USB, but no luck.

·
Administrator
860 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts