Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AC stopped working immediately. Went from blowing cold air to nothing on the next start up. I ended up having to take the truck to Ford Garage because this is the new 1234YF refrigerant. They called and told me there is a TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN on may exhibit a lack of cooling from the A/C system.

The truck is deleted and tuned. I had to head into the dealer to put the truck back to stock with my hand held tuner. They just called and told me they could not reprogram the PCM because there were running into an issue with the nox module. They are telling me I have to put the truck back to completely stock before they can fix my AC.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes looks like a PCM program issue, so whatever the issue on fords side is, it's also built into your custom tune since that was likely based on your original VIN. I would maybe talk to the tuner to see if they can update it on their end, and then issue you an updated tune file with the fix in place. One of the joys of deleting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. The dealer was not able to perform the update because there was an issue communicating with the NOX module. The Tech told me it does not matter that the truck is deleted. That I need to replace the NOX module and then he will flash and I can than put my tune back into the truck.
Does that seem correct ?

·
Administrator
859 Posts
Thank you. The dealer was not able to perform the update because there was an issue communicating with the NOX module. The Tech told me it does not matter that the truck is deleted. That I need to replace the NOX module and then he will flash and I can than put my tune back into the truck.
Does that seem correct ?
NoX module is likely gone. Sometimes they can flash with truck begin deleted, other times not. Like Laytunes said I think, you may get it flashed, then when you tune again, you are right back where you were with an un-updated PCM. Tuner will likely need to make a new file off updated PCM which they can easily download from Ford.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My ac is not working aswell 2020 7k on the truck I got truck in late sept so I don’t kno if it every worked

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
@Vb150 Take it in, can't hurt. Mine quit when I went to pick it up at the dealer. Drove in a circle and went back in, thinking they had screwed it up. Service manager found the TSB and a half hour later all was good.

·
Administrator
859 Posts
@Vb150 Take it in, can't hurt. Mine quit when I went to pick it up at the dealer. Drove in a circle and went back in, thinking they had screwed it up. Service manager found the TSB and a half hour later all was good.
simple reflash for that issue i believe.

Reactions: navyR113
1 - 7 of 7 Posts