Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
978 Posts
Drain immediately and replace with required Diesel engine oil.

Pray to God no engine damage was done, otherwise your Quick-change business will be on the hook for a new engine. Oil Change tech probably didn't know that they made an F150 Diesel, even though the engine badges on the side indicate it's a PowerStroke Diesel....

Reactions: mbates6o

·
Registered
11 Posts
The same thing happened to me - I went and got another oil change done as soon as I became aware they used oil meant for gas engines... to help prevent it from ever happening again I only work with 1 service writer so he's familiar with me, my vehicle and the fact that it has a 3.0L powerstroke motor. I also make a point to check the part no. of the oil they use every time I go in for service; I don't leave the place unless it matches the part no. for the proper oil. Haven't had the problem since. Hope that helps, amigo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea I know but the Foed dealership is putting it in...But we all know how smart they are..
Last time I went to the dealer they refused to use the full synthetic diesel 5-40 for extreme/biodiesel use. Even after I showed them the manual, they said they could not do it. :rolleyes: I guess I need to give them credit they figured out it was a baby powerstoke. The next day I went to quick lube run by the same dealer. They did it no problems with my requested oil.

·
Registered
2018 White extended cab 6.5 foot bed FX4 Tow package Lariat
89 Posts
OMG. I’d be back at the Dealer that did that, make them redo the oil and filter change with the correct oil. And adding a notation on the service order about the wrong oil being used in case of problems down the road. That being said, unless your going to be driving a lot of miles between, I wouldn’t worry to much.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I’ve had nothing but trouble having someone else put oil in my vehicles. Had shoulder surgery so I couldn’t change one car and when I finally was able to change it, the filter was almost loose enough to fall off. My wife’s caddy had free oil changes for 3yr 50,000 miles. Noticed I had an oil spot in the garage. Loose oil plug.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I lost an engine about 35 years ago due to a "professional" oil change gone wrong; it was literally the first and only professional oil change that car had ever had in 100,000 miles of operation. I have never had anyone outside of my immediate family change the oil on our vehicles since.

During a visit to my sister earlier this year, I was helping her our with a winter wheel/tire changeout on her Mazda MX-5 (she is mechanically declined).
While the car was jacked up, I noticed three engine underbody shield bolts about ready to come out. On closer inspection, the remaining 8 were missing. A few months prior, she had an oil change at a professional shop (not a Jiffy Lube) and paid a professional rate. The result was not what I would have expected. To their credit, they replaced the bolts immediately, but it didn't do much to make me rethink my insistence on changing my own oil.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I found the mythical 0W-40 at a Canadian Tire both in Prince George, British Colombia and in Whitehorse, Yukon Territories. This was all the oil I had room for. I will be using this from December through March. If any of you are near a Canadian Tire, they look to have a lot of Rotella T6. I counted roughly 18 5-gallon pails of 5W-40 in Whitehorse.
White Drinkware Automotive tire Paint Fender

1 - 16 of 16 Posts