Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ford F-150 Powerstroke diesel King Ranch
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 F-150 King Ranch just passed 34,000 miles. I went in for the state safety inspection and the mechanic told me my rear pads were down to about 15% of their service life and would need to be replaced soon.

Has anyone else replaced their brake pads? How many miles did you get out of them? Anyone have any advice on what brand or type of pads I should get?

·
Super Moderator
860 Posts
PowerStops are highly recommended by the F250/350 guys. I would check those out. Otherwise OEM or Wagner.

Reactions: cheetah4570

·
Super Moderator
860 Posts
Cool!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow. Seems like a low mileage for rears to need replacement. Do you tow a lot? And BTW I am beginning to experience shimmy in the front rotors at 32,00 mi. Anyone else?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it was low mileage. Safety inspection said there was "15% left." There was more like 40 or 50% left.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If they provided a % that was greater than what actually was present and you had an accident I would imagine somewhere there is a lawyer who could make a case out of this scenario making the state liable. I highly doubt they know the original thickness spec to determine a % number. Sounds like they opted on the side of caution and noted it at 15%, which is probably a passing grade in your state. Glad you followed up on it, good job.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow. Seems like a low mileage for rears to need replacement. Do you tow a lot? And BTW I am beginning to experience shimmy in the front rotors at 32,00 mi. Anyone else?
I don't tow a lot, and the pads had a lot of life left on them, easily 12,000 miles or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts