Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello team,

I have a 2018 Lariat 2 with the white sport trim package. Yesterday I put on some new tow mirrors from American Trucks. The mirrors were power heated and power glass adjustment but they do not have the blind spot sensors as the stock ones do.
I cranked the vehicle and immediately noticed a high idle. About 2 hours later it threw a P0073 code. Is there an easy fix to this? Possibly a way to turn off blind spot or override it?

thanks,
Mike

· Super Moderator
761 Posts
The P0073 should relate to the sensor for outside air behind the grille I think. Did you do any forscan changes, because I think maybe your problem is in one of the modules that is expecting an input from somewhere and isn't getting it. Check out this link that opens (I hope) a pdf on installing tow mirrors on 2015 to 2017 F150s. Ours may be similar.

Installing power fold tow mirrors

Not too sure where to begin but maybe this gets you going. You didn't mention if you use forscan but I think this may be the key to your issue.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Yeah it turned out to be the ambient air temperature sensor in the passenger mirror. It looks like a nightmare to switch out the sensor and also re-wire it. Not sure how they thought they should sell these mirrors with no sensor built in. I’ll be sending them back. I may try to order mirrors for an F250 from LKQ. They’re just going to be wayyy more expensive.

· Registered
189 Posts
Thank you! Yeah it turned out to be the ambient air temperature sensor in the passenger mirror. It looks like a nightmare to switch out the sensor and also re-wire it. Not sure how they thought they should sell these mirrors with no sensor built in. I’ll be sending them back. I may try to order mirrors for an F250 from LKQ. They’re just going to be wayyy more expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts