Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been looking for a set of towing mirrors for my truck. The only ones I’ve found that fit and are fully functional are Ford mirrors that cost nearly $2K. I wish I would have got the factory installed towing mirrors but I didn’t order my truck and had to go with what the dealer could find for me. I think the 3.0L truck requires towing mirrors that have a temperature sensor? What has anyone found yet? I guess I can live without some of the oem features if the price is right.

·
Super Moderator
847 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ugh. Wished those worked for me. They’d be cheap. My standard mirrors have the 360 camera, so Ford asks $1,695 EACH for the tow mirrors I need. Highway robbery. It’s just wrong.
I had the standard mirrors and installed the tow mirrors, mine have the 360 camera as well. Ordered from dealer and they cost me about 2400$ for the pair.

You can reach out to fairway ford on eBay, they quoted me 2069$ with the tow mirror switch panel.

·
Administrator
982 Posts
This is one of the reasons I have factory-ordered my last two F150s = so I can get exactly what I want and not be forced to accept what a dealer might or might not have ordered.

IF you are forced to go the after-purchase parts route, then I would recommend that you wait for Black Friday time where Ford Parts usually runs a 30% off sale -- attached is a screen shot from last year's e-mail as proof this unicorn does exist. Figure if you are going to pay Ford their ridiculous after-purchase parts price for them, then you should wait and at least buy them marked down 30%, which would be ~$750 off the list price of these mirrors....

I plan to take advantage of this year's Black Friday sale to purchase a block heater and cable.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Jmperlik, I am so thankful for you! I pretty much wrote them off, but if I can find the mirrors for $2100 and get a discount, I’ll buy them for sure. I’m setting a reminder in my phone to start looking in November. Thanks again.

·
Administrator
982 Posts
@Smokewagun - I just happened to log into Ford Parts yesterday to see if they had the Block Heater in-stock, and low-and-behold I got this targeted e-mail in my Inbox this morning:
=> It's for 5% off on only certain Product Lines, but it is good thru the end of the year (12/31/19)
=> I would register/create an account now before Black Friday to get on their mailing list for these types of promos

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have used CIPA clip on mirrors for the last 3 vehicles, $94 at etrlr,com
They attach/detach in seconds, give that extra view needed and do not vibrate. Take them off when not towing to save a fraction on mpg and not get in the way in tight parking spaces. Clip back on when pulling the TT. I've got at least 8,000 miles with this set and 0 issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.