Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my 3 liter diesel to the dealership for a recall related to diesel exhaust. The appointment had been made 2 weeks in advance. The receptionist informed me that they couldn’t install the new kit and that I would have to make another appointment. I went straight to the GM and explained my dilemma. He returned about 20 minute later with keys to a loaner and informed me that my truck would be ready in about 2 or 3 days. Fortunately they finished the job about 8 hours later and I was able to pick it up that evening.

My suspicion is that there are very few mechanics in the US with training and experience on this engine. Are there other owners who have had similar experiences.

Otherwise I’ve not had any other problems with the truck and I totally enjoy driving it.

OT

·
Registered
399 Posts
Reactions: Dunrollin

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is not it, in most dealerships they have one diesel mechanic, one interior guy, one tire guy etc etc and in would imagine your dealerships one diesel guy was super busy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Where I live, in oilfield country, the good mechanics can double their money working on oilfield trucks etc.. hence the shortage of Ford diesel mechanics.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I disagree that a diesel mechanic is needed for the egr job, fairly routine follow the instructions wreed printed.

The mechanic assigned to my truck isn't qualified to fix a push mower. I laugh at the phrase "factory trained mechanic" as I bet now one of our trucks was completed by anyone who was trained on these engines.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I disagree that a diesel mechanic is needed for the egr job, fairly routine follow the instructions wreed printed.

The mechanic assigned to my truck isn't qualified to fix a push mower. I laugh at the phrase "factory trained mechanic" as I bet now one of our trucks was completed by anyone who was trained on these engines.

Same can be said for most dealerships, sadly. I wish I could have done the work myself actually

1 - 7 of 7 Posts