Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I've had this truck for roughly around 3-400 miles now. Truck sits at 49k-ish miles. Anytime the truck goes from 4th to 5th, it feels slightly.. rough? It's a bit difficult to explains. Gears 1-4 and 6-10 are basically not felt at all. But I can definitely feel a firm shift going from 4th gear to 5th.

When I was test driving these 3.0's, I feel like I remember one of them behaving exactly like this. Is this normal?

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a recall for transmission software; see if your truck is one of them. Dealer just reprograms the transmission.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I checked Carfax with my VIN and states the only recalls i have are EGR and DRL. No mention of the trans.

·
Administrator
822 Posts
Reactions: navyR113

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I guess they are not offering it? Honestly it doesn't really bother me that much. It just goes into 5th a bit aggressively versus any other gear you don't even feel it shifting. Just worried it'll damage something in the long run.

Though, sometimes I do get a jittery 1st-2nd gear change/clunk.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think I know what you're talking about and experience the same thing. Pretty sure this is normal and due to something physical in the transmission, that shift doesn't shift the same way as the other ones do. I have the newest calibration and it's always been that way.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My transmission shifts rough- no matter what mode it's in- going into and out of 4th gear (always), and in sport mode it is rough downshifting from 10th to 8th on the highway (sometimes), and downshifting into 1st (always). I'm waiting on Ford to come up with a final version of the 20E07 recall before I take mine in. Last I heard, they were on version "C".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I know what you're talking about and experience the same thing. Pretty sure this is normal and due to something physical in the transmission, that shift doesn't shift the same way as the other ones do. I have the newest calibration and it's always been that way.
This is what I wanted to hear. I test drove another 3.0 Powerstroke and I am pretty sure I remember the same thing/behavior. I just didn't pay attention to what gear it was. For my PS, it is for sure when going from 4th gear to 5th. It's always a slightly rough shift compared to all the other gears. Gears 1-2 sometimes get a little rough.

·
Registered
226 Posts
This is what I wanted to hear. I test drove another 3.0 Powerstroke and I am pretty sure I remember the same thing/behavior. I just didn't pay attention to what gear it was. For my PS, it is for sure when going from 4th gear to 5th. It's always a slightly rough shift compared to all the other gears. Gears 1-2 sometimes get a little rough.
I rarely see a 1-2 shift unless i'm towing, or in slow ass traffic. normally it just skips 2 and goes 1-3.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts