Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
275 Posts
this dealer is the best in my area .I just hate to buy something else but even though I have a extended warranty I really don't want spend my time going back and forth hoping they will find the problem . The other thing I did not mention is there was a burning smell outside that I had them check out but they did not find a problem .I feel they are putting things off since I will be paying 100$ for everything that go's wrong in about . 6 months .
Your burning smell is likely just a regen, causes a very distinct burning smell as the soot burns off out of the DPF. The 10sp has generally been very reliable despite a few quirks. It may just need a new TCM and you'll be good to go.

· Registered
275 Posts
Iam a retired diesel tech of 30yrs
In that case diagnose it yourself and tell them what's wrong haha. 90% of the time i'll just take it in and tell them what's wrong, and they fix it... but every now and then they don't know what I'm talking about, and fix something else that's unrelated, finding a good dealer with knowledgeable service staff and techs to back them up is difficult. Sounds like you have a not so good one.

The same trans is in the GM, so that leaves you with a ram... if you think the ford is bad just wait until you hop in the truck that chrysler and fiat gave birth to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.