Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thread to see what everyone's up to on the usual or even on occasions. We all know the F150 Diesel will be a hauling machine, so I was wondering what do you have in the bed or are you tugging along the roadways?

On the occasion I may have an engine in the back of mine when I get it, Can't wait to be able to have ample space and something cool to haul my boat with. Not the type to really fill up with Dirt/Sand and I'm not a contractor so I won't have vast amounts of tools in there.

What about you?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mainly motorcycles for weekend rides, then there are camping trips and the necessary gear. Also the odd camper trailer that I rent when needed.

But never a boat. :(

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never hauled a motorcycle before, do you have a stand that you throw into the bed and then strap them down??

·
Registered
308 Posts
Personally I don't right now. At most it will be used for storing anything extra I need for trips up to the cottage.
With SUV's becoming less and less truck based, its my main reason for getting an actual truck. Still can't accept the idea of owning an Expedition or something similar.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to see a variety of answers here to show how many uses people have for these things. @BluePill , if you don't have anything rugged back there, do you still go for the bedliner options or do you leave it bare?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think a bed should be bed-lined regardless if you use it as a hauler or not. Unless that bed isn't used at all for some reason. If you have people that occasionally jump in the back there, or you occasionally put boxes or something in there, bed-line it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dirtbikes and ATVs. I've been using a utility trailer but with the extra towing capacity of this truck I'm hoping to find a toy hauler with living quarters that isn't too heavy for it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just camping gear for me, a lot of camping gear considering most of my trips end up lasting around 1 week and we need everything from tents to firewood.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't know if you guys have seen this new inflatable tent trailer, but its pretty cool imo. Takes a lot of the busywork out of a traditional pop up trailer. Looks like the setup only takes a minute or two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mostly towing our travel trailer. It's an Aerolite 282DBHS. Dry weight is about 6,200 lbs and hitch weight is almost 900 lbs. Unfortunately, the HDPP is not available with the Powerstroke F-150. Like most of these 1/2 trucks, I'll be limited on payload way before I reach my towing capacity limits. It shouldn't be a huge deal...we'll just throw all our gear in the back of the trailer rather than the bed of the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tow regularly. 19 foot walleye boat, 12 foot box trailer, , utility trailer, 27 foot Boston Whaler Conquest (short distance)... I have a 3 horse trailer, but I make my daugher tow it with my old Tundra - I don't want my new truck smelling like a horse barn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tow an 18' lowboy trailer and a New Holland Boomer 35, usually from Southeast Michigan to Michigan's upper peninsula - never weighs in more than 7500 lbs or so. I only make that trip maybe 3-4 times a year. Twice a year I tow my 22' pontoon - tow it from my barn to the lake, then in the fall, back to the barn from the lake. (I tow it a whopping 4 miles each trip) I also tow a Lang Original 60 smoker (only 1300 lbs) on weekends that I cook out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@JayhawkDuke; are you using a weight distributing hitch with your rig? I'm about to pull the trigger on an Outdoors RV TT that grosses out around 6700 pounds. ORVs have a pretty heavy hitch weight from what I have been reading.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New guy here. My first post. Haven't purchased the 2019 KR yet, but probably will next week. This is the only thing that concerns me. Pulling a 25' Airstream, probably close to the same gross as yours. On flat land no sweat, it's climbing the mountains in Idaho, Montana and Oregon that have me a little concerned.............and the payload capacity of the truck after hooking up. I'll be very interested to hear how it works out for you jcav.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts