Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of some very light surface scratches, I find myself in a position to repaint the lower portion of my truck. A few months ago it was in a very low-impact accident and left with some paint transfer that can't be buffed out. No visible dents/dings beyond the paint imperfections and it's getting repaired by the other person's insurance company at no cost to me.

I always wanted an F150 with a two-tone paint scheme but never could find the right truck when I was in the market - now seems like a great time to take my Shadow Black 2018 and turn it into the two-tone truck I've always wanted. I've looked and looked, but can't find the name of the secondary accent color Ford used on the 2018 trucks. Can anyone tell me the name of it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2018 F150 Specs seem to call it Stone Gray and there is a Magnetic as well. Most I have seen are the Stone Gray.
What
The 2018 F150 Specs seem to call it Stone Gray and there is a Magnetic as well. Most I have seen are the Stone Gray.

View attachment 2719

View attachment 2720
Thanks Dunrollin - Under what trim/color scheme would a buy have gotten Magnetic as a secondary accent color instead of the more common Stone Gray?

·
Administrator
978 Posts
@ATBandit - if I am interpreting the charts in the 2018 F150 Buying Guide correctly, it looks like Magnetic (J7) Two-tone was used with the XLT/XLT Chrome Appearance Package:
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Administrator
978 Posts
Stone gray is usually available for two-tone paint on lariat and above trims. It's the color that came on the lower portion of my King Ranch.
@navyR113 - Yes, you are correct!

I didn't include the Lariat & King Ranch tables from same section, but Stone Gray (D1) is the lower portion color for the Lariat/Lariat Chrome Appearance Packages & King Ranch/King Ranch Chrome Appearance Packages:
Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Slope

Reactions: navyR113

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One other idea you should consider: instead of painting the lower body, put a wrap on it. The film wraps will help protect the lower body from stone chips, scratches, etc. and you can remove or replace with a different color if the mood strikes you.
Great minds think alike Pete! I was just talking with a local company that does vehicle wrapping and they said they could color match anything I give them. I'm going to wrap the lower rocker panels instead of painting them. I'm also likely to go with a different Ford color, Bronze Smoke. It was only used for a single year on the 2022 Bronco Sport - not available in the F-Series lineup.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts