Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was looking for a place to poke a wire through the firewall, I found this loose connection (see pictures). This is located on the driver side next to but a little higher then the kick panel under the dash. You have to get down in front of the seat to see it. The connection has a place to be plugged in on the white thing-a-ma-jig -- on the bottom. Did not plug in, I'd ask here if anyone knows what this loose connection may be used for or if it's also just hanging there (or plugged in) on your truck. Everything, I think, is working so perhaps it is for another accessory that is not installed.

Thanks …
IMG_0465.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg
IMG_0462.jpg

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Ah, an easy one. That is the trailer module and someone unplugged the trailer brake lights as an easy way to disable Auto Start Stop. It works, but you have to remember to replug it in any time you plan to tow. See this photo from another forum...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. My auto start stop is working without it being plugged in, although seems pretty random. Sometimes at a stop light it will stop and at other times when you think it will stop it doesn't. I might as well leave plugged in and see what happens, at least shouldn't harm anything.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts