Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who has done this yet?

I've seen a youtube video with deletes and tune and the truck sounded decent but I'm curious what the power was like.

Ideally I'd like to see 300-350whp with a tune/deletes and perhaps intake/exhaust as supporting mods. Torque would probably be 550+ at that point which would be great, but I'd like the possibility of over 300whp as it seems like a tune only is barely above 250whp (even if it is 500ish wtq)

Also curious if the tune has eliminated any of the lag/sluggishness leaving from a stop that many complain about?

Additionally - Hows the MPG?

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
No one yet. I am looking into it. I have the tuner but have not installed it yet.

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
Test

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
I got my MBRP pipe today :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
Here is how Ez Lynk looks tuning the vehicle, pretty cool. All the tunes are fetched over the internet and available from tuner in seconds.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very curious to know what the truck dynos with a DPF delete and tune

Also wondering if anyone is going to do an EGR delete.

I bet this thing with a delete for dpf, egr, intake, and tune would probably be pretty spry... :)

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
GDP Tuner :)

Tuner in FL told me his deleted 3.0 did 353hp/600+ lb ft. I think that was his own tune.

Attachments

Reactions: nfuentes1

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NICE!

Got your PM but until I have 15 posts I can't even respond.

The restrictions on this forum are a bit ridiculous TBH.

Anyway - Get it all installed and post a dyno tune chart or a vid (or both!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Picking up the truck probably this week. Had to wait because of a work trip last week, but it paid off as they added more incentives for diesels so the truck is even cheaper now

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
Picking up the truck probably this week. Had to wait because of a work trip last week, but it paid off as they added more incentives for diesels so the truck is even cheaper now
Ive seen them 20k-30k off on Ebay.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you can get 353 rwhp and 600 rw tq from just a tune and delete, wow! I ran my Ram Ecodiesel on a Mustang Dyno after a GDE tune and barely got 240 rwhp and 418 ft lbs tq. My tune has only EGR and DEF deleted, though. 38,000 miles, all but 5,000 tuned. I believe the guys with Rams putting down big power had to go to a bigger turbo.

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
If you can get 353 rwhp and 600 rw tq from just a tune and delete, wow! I ran my Ram Ecodiesel on a Mustang Dyno after a GDE tune and barely got 240 rwhp and 418 ft lbs tq. My tune has only EGR and DEF deleted, though. 38,000 miles, all but 5,000 tuned. I believe the guys with Rams putting down big power had to go to a bigger turbo.
Yeah I believe thats probably about all of it with stock charger. Ive also heard and read a compound turbo kit for our trucks is already being developed.

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
That is scary hope these trucks don't end up,like the rams or vw diesels

We all will be stuck with them for life
Hopefully market will come around! I like having kinda oddball things. There is always a buyer for everything too....

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
No not yet. Not on my priority list. I have had h3ll getting this thing to tune, so much so it wouldn't start in a parking lot one night. I am real skittish now. Had to recover ECM with stock ford software.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think the gde tune will be a good one. They have really good reviews on the ecodiesel forums and they are not releasing it quickly. That tells me they are being thorough. At least, that is my guess. I have no knowledge. I wish they would comment more on how it is going.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts