Diesel F150 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Kyle; do you know if we are able to get EGT sensor 11 in the DP to display on the either the gauge screen or the sync screen ? either with EZ Lynk or Forscan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Kyle; do you know if we are able to get EGT sensor 11 in the DP to display on the either the gauge screen or the sync screen ? either with EZ Lynk or Forscan
All you would need to do is weld a 02 sesnsor bung in the downpour it’s all it essentially is I’ve done it lots on my race car and customer cars now I’m about to pull my down pipe to do this

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
Well boys mine is done. Went with GDP tuner I have had for months. May upgrade to diff tunes later, but its done!

Full P1 MBRP 3.5" with muffler.

**Hate the sound on the inside of cab, I am going to put stock muffler back on I think. Anyone else still have stock muffler?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
I have an email out to GPD and Proven Diesel, i suppose i am lucky to have two 3.0PS tuners right down the road from me in Drum (Proven) and Loyd (AMDP).. i will post their responses when i receive them.

The reason i am looking for a tune which has a focus on the transmission is because the only real way you can fail an automatic transmission is by overheating it and the only way to overheat it is if the friction material is slipping.. either between the shifts for smooth engagement, while running by insufficient line pressure or in lockup because of insufficient converter lock pressure.

I am surprised that tuners dont focus more on this since its basically the same price to replace a trans as it is an engine and power is useless without efficiently putting it down.
GDP has trans tuning for these, when I talked to Proven a few month ago, he did not...

·
Registered
68 Posts
yea that was my backup, the advantage of EGT 11 is its there already there in a non deleted truck.

when i do delete i will install an EGT gauge in the DP

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
No EGT sensors work in mine after "upgrade" They all display 2000F now. :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
No EGT sensors work in mine after "upgrade" They all display 2000F now. /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif
Mine all say 686 last time I looked I will double check tomorrow but I wonder if I welded a bung in and plugged the sensors back in if I would get a accurate reading . Glad you finally did it .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took the dpf out right out my trucks straight piped 3.5” down pipe into a 4” afe exhaust so the dpf isn’t existent and that’s why it’s it disabled
Hi Kyle,

interesting, did you save all the original components so you can swap them back in when it is time to get the truck inspected for smog inspection sticker renewal??

Javed

·
Registered
2 Posts
No these will be tunes/ECM files that overwrites the Ford software and installs new software with the emissions components disabled.
so what do you do if your inspection sticker is due and you need to revert back to OEM just to get the inspection sticker and then revert back to delete??

Javed

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
In most states Diesels are safety only inspection.

·
Registered
399 Posts
In Minnesota we have no inspections at all for any vehicles--including no inspections of any sort on diesels (not sure if that holds true on the commercial vehicles). I just renewed my license tabs about a week ago.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2018 I am thinking about deleting. Can someone point me in the direction of a good "how to" thread of YouTube video?

I am very mechanical, just never completed a delete myself.

Thank you,
John

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2018 I am thinking about deleting. Can someone point me in the direction of a good "how to" thread of YouTube video?

I am very mechanical, just never completed a delete myself.

Thank you,
John

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
He is running Proven or AMDP I think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have had Proven tune and Pro Flo exhaust for 2 months and finally did the install. 25k miles on truck.

1. Installed the tune and unplugged EGR and Air Valve to make sure tune worked and truck started.

2. Drove to the shop and started removing exhaust. The 4 min video by Pro Flo does zero justice for how much of a pain it is to remove stock exhaust. Install was easy after all 97 sensors were zip tied up to frame hahaha

3. Even with stock muffler, truck is noticeably louder. Growns A bit in the cab on acceleration. Not a throaty V8 groan, more like a high schooler cut exhaust odd his V6. I don’t really like it.

I have 8 miles on truck since compete. It whistles really loud at high idle (10 degrees here) which is kinda cool.
I will give some more feedback after some mikes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’m not a fan either of the sound of the truck with delete pipe and stock muffler. I added a Flo Pro 5” Twister right at the down pipe. It is much better.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’m not a fan either of the sound of the truck with delete pipe and stock muffler. I added a Flo Pro 5” Twister right at the down pipe. It is much better.
Where are you located? Would love to hear this! It’s so bad I’m thinking about putting stock exhaust back on!!

Also, exhaust now STINKS! It is white smoking at idle a bit as well. Terrible diesel smell.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was told from company I bought the tune to disconnect the EGR valve and Throttle Valve after tune install. Information provided was pretty vague and communication was poor. Couldn’t get a number to call or get the company to call me. I believe they are dealer for Proven but not sure.

Here are pics of disconnecting EGR and Throttle Valve. He is now asking if I disconnected Throttle Valve. I’m pretty sure that’s what I did 😂😂. Disconnected connectors and taped them up.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did a muffler delete with 4” dpf back and twin 5” tips... Magnaflow. Mine sounds Much better than stock. Very grumbly, but V-6. When in regen, it really rumbles nice.
I’d like to delete, but not ready... yet.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts