Diesel F150 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
If anyone needs any help with Proven Diesel tunes, PM me. I can help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am beyond disappointed in my delete.

1. Truck white smokes at idle
2. Puffs smoke at start up (in my 70 degree shop)
3. Shop stinks 24/7 from start up and pull out in morning.
4. Depending on wind it fills cab with terrible smell

The clown from Diesel Texas Performance WILL NOT call me or respond to an email with anymore than a 1 word answer.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Saathoff05
I have to agree. Maybe I am just being a ninny but my truck, freaking smells! I deleted too but kept stock exhaust and it is literally unbearable. I don't think I would even attempt to start my truck in a garage. I chuckle when I go through the carwash because I am pretty certain anyone behind me can't wait to get the **** outta that thing lol.
I might look into a CAT or something.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@Saathoff05
I have to agree. Maybe I am just being a ninny but my truck, freaking smells! I deleted too but kept stock exhaust and it is literally unbearable. I don't think I would even attempt to start my truck in a garage. I chuckle when I go through the carwash because I am pretty certain anyone behind me can't wait to get the **** outta that thing lol.
I might look into a CAT or something.
That can’t be normal can it?
My cab fills with the smell at idle often depending on wind.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Those reviews dont sound good. Anyway you could get a video of your trucks running? I am curious as I was thinking about a delete. Maybe leaving emissions in place with Proven's emission friendly tune would be the ticket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I started to get some e-mail communication after I said either provide support or I will be on a plane to your shop today. That wasn't a threat, I just needed support. I fly multiple flights weekly so its no issue.

When I originally did the delete I was told to unplug C1389 (EGR Valve) and C1513 (Electronic Throttle Control). I had the truck on Level 2, I was given 3 tuning levels. This is the set up where I started and all of previous issues were happening.

Through e-mail I was instructed to also unplug C1083 (EGR Cooler Bypass Valve) and try level 1 tune. I made this change and check engine light came one. Code P0001 (fuel pressure issue). I checked the wiring diagram and ensured I unplugged the correct plug. Truck ran fine, just threw that code. Came right back on if I cleared it as well.

I was then instructed to plug back in C1083. I did this, cleared codes and started. Now my "wrench" light was one. I had code P068A which is ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized. I cleared this code and it did not come back on. Truck was running fine with this light and code on.

I seem to be getting quick responses via e-mail from tuner. I have provided my cell 59 times now and wish we could connect via phone or at least text as it is easier.

Level 1 seems to not smoke or smell as bad. Started in shop this morning and it puffed white smoke at start up. I had door open and drive out at quick as I could. again 70 degrees in shop.

I have to head to airport in a bit. It is cold here so a start up video outside is going to look bad just because its cold outside. I will try to get a video in my shop when I stop at home.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine smokes similar. I just ordered the the Magnaflow Catalytic converter 60110 mentioned by someone earlier - Will let you know how it turns out. I am running 60%. Sotf goes in this weekend and hope it helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine smokes similar. I just ordered the the Magnaflow Catalytic converter 60110 mentioned by someone earlier - Will let you know how it turns out. I am running 60%. Sotf goes in this weekend and hope it helps.
ordered! THANKS! Will let you know if its better
Thanks!! I look forward to your feedback!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Awesome David. I’m very curious in how this works for you. I’ve been eyeing this CAT for a bit. Can’t wait to see the results

·
Registered
41 Posts
Update on delete issues....

Texas Diesel Performance sent new new tunes from a different company. Put truck back to stock tune and uploaded from cloud to my BDX.

Uploaded tune level 3 of 4 (performance). Start up is much better. Video shows puff of smoke at start up by stops right away. Warning light comes on that ‘Exhaust Filter Over Limit’ and puts me into limp mode within 1 mile. Also on Level 3 there was a shutter/ fast clicking shifting through 2nd gear. Sounded like if park pin is trying to engage while moving on an older car, but not that loud.

I came back home and switched to Level 2 (street) tune and same issues. Made it 2 miles driving normal and into limp mode. Transmission issue was gone on Level 2.

I cleared the codes and feathered it to work (6 miles) with no codes. If I accelerate more than 98yr old grandma mode it goes into limp.

I am happy to see the smoking issue can be fixed. Looks like slight over fueling at start up but quickly stops.

https://youtu.be/oC637Ss5BKo

·
Registered
54 Posts
Why do folks want to delete there 3.0..I understand if they have problems , but doing it as if there going to have a issue?
I did a delete on my 6.0 due to issues, actually twice, the first one failed, but I then sold it do to the expense to operate it.. Just curious..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Why do folks want to delete there 3.0..I understand if they have problems , but doing it as if there going to have a issue?
I did a delete on my 6.0 due to issues, actually twice, the first one failed, but I then sold it do to the expense to operate it.. Just curious..

I really have no reason haha. Better fuel mileage and no more DEF? That's about it.
Also, the DPF system is nasty. The soot running back through the motor makes a mess and clogs up the motor. I wanted some videos of guys taking intake off a truck with like 30K miles. It was nasty.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts