Diesel F150 Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had mine deleted so it would be a long term reliable truck. Once I learned how the EGR and DPF cause long term issues was when I decided to delete. My truck runs awesome and doesn’t skip a beat. Tune is clean

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had mine deleted so it would be a long term reliable truck. Once I learned how the EGR and DPF cause long term issues was when I decided to delete. My truck runs awesome and doesn’t skip a beat. Tune is clean
Can I ask who did your tune??

I’m on second company and still getting check engine lights and exhaust filter full warnings 🏼

·
Registered
8 Posts
Diesel Cat

However, I am curious to see how that Diesel Cat that David ordered works out.
I have been running the Cat on the diesel for about two weeks now. There is definitely and improvement with smell. I thought it was much much better but realized its because its been in the 30's and not teens. I don't regret putting it on but I will say for over $400 it's questionable if it was worth it. I also wonder how long it will last?
For the most part, I am happy with the tune and delete. My gas mileage is over 20mpg in the city. I was thinking about a cold air intake but have always questioned if those are worth the money.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When you guys that deleted are talking about diesel smell, is it different than the normal deleted diesel? I am about to delete and am expecting a diesel smell but I have read in this thread that it is overpowering.

·
Registered
76 Posts
When your use to how clean this truck runs and genuinely happy about that, you will be surprised how much diesel smell there is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A buddy of mine deleted his this weekend. Its definitely strong compared to the stock exhaust. Guess its to be expected when pulling the emissions off. I mentioned reading about the CAT on this forum. David Verplank how much of a difference did it make? How is the CAT installed? Slide on inline and clamp or does it have to be welded? Do you by chance have a pic of it installed?

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
Interested to know if CAT reduces smell and white cold start-up smoke also.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would be very interested in that, I am deleted and there are a few negatives I have associated with it, first and foremost is when you remove the EGR it alters your throttle tip in just off idle, leaves a 10-20ms soft spot. which is just the nature of diesel. What most people don't realize is that by adding in exhaust gases to the cylinder at idle and off-idle low rpm.. you vastly improve the transient response of the diesel fuel mix, makes it drive much more like a petroleum based engine. without the EGR you are relying on the increase in boost pressure to excite the mix.

I do really like the clean engine oil though, but I do wonder what benefit it actually offers over the sooty EGR intact oil..would be interesting to prove if it deteriorates or is more visual..

A buddy of mine deleted his this weekend. Its definitely strong compared to the stock exhaust. Guess its to be expected when pulling the emissions off. I mentioned reading about the CAT on this forum. David Verplank how much of a difference did it make? How is the CAT installed? Slide on inline and clamp or does it have to be welded? Do you by chance have a pic of it installed?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pedal commander fixes anything off idle. It changes the throttle response of this 3.0 power stroke off idle in a huge way. Couldn’t imagine not having it installed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Smoke at idle help!

40 degrees out this morning. Remote start truck and it white smokes like crazy. It ran 10 minutes before I jumped in. As soon as I drive down the road and warm the truck up a little it goes away.

It started doing this instantly after tune and delete. Anyone else see this issue? I am ready to try another tune company!

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
Proven tunes have been great so far.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts