Diesel F150 Forum banner

Who makes Motorcraft oil filter?

10K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  mascrappo 
#1 ·
Since you guys are so good at who makes Ford parts, who makes their 3.0 oil filter? I am not a fan of Fram, who used to make a lot of their filters, so I am curious as to who makes the element. I have found Mann online, one thing it does apparently share with the JLR Lion engine as it cross references to the Ford #. Thanks

#5 ·
I have 4 new 3.0 oil filters! Let me go look!

Reactions: mascrappo
#9 ·
Yes that Mann will work just fine. I trust Rockauto, has never let me down.

Attachments

Reactions: mascrappo
#10 ·
Anyone put enough miles on their trucks yet to do both fuel filters? There is one down by the fuel tank and another in the engine bay, just like the 6.7l.

I already have the Motorcraft kit. For things like these I just stick with Motorcraft even if it is +/- a few dollars.

#11 · (Edited)
Anyone put enough miles on their trucks yet to do both fuel filters? There is one down by the fuel tank and another in the engine bay, just like the 6.7l.

I already have the Motorcraft kit. For things like these I just stick with Motorcraft even if it is +/- a few dollars.

It is probably made by Mann in Czech Republic, for Ford :)

I agree, Motorcraft has been competitive in price in recent years so why not go with OEM?!

#12 · (Edited)
And by all means guys I am not bashing Wix nor Mann, if either of you were to hand me one I wouldnt think twice in using it in my truck. But when I get the choice of the three, I just pick Motorcraft for piece of mind, thats all.

Just talking out loud.

#13 ·
And by all means guys I am not bashing Wix nor Mann, if either of you were to hand me one I wouldnt think twice in using it in my truck. But when I get the choice of the three, I just pick Motorcraft for piece of mind, thats all.

My research says if it is European (Czech) it is a Mann filter. The other no name brand is Chinese, so in my opinion Mann and Motorcraft are both the same in this case. I've seen Wix use import filters as well and if its Euro it's Mann.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.