Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'll probably end up buying. I plan on keeping this for a long time so it just makes sense. Won't need to switch around for a while and I'll probably be modifying it quite a bit

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd probably buy it too. I'm the kind of person to own a vehicle until it not longer runs so whatever I get will be sticking with me for years to come, past the usually 3-4 year lease you usually get.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'd probably buy it too. I'm the kind of person to own a vehicle until it not longer runs so whatever I get will be sticking with me for years to come, past the usually 3-4 year lease you usually get.
I hope you already know the overall best practices for breaking in a vehicle that you want to own for a long time, since that can determine a lot of good/bad things for it down the road.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Breaking in a f150 isn't really too big of a deal these days. Back in the day, breaking in a vehicle was meant to seat cams and seat rings. These days those cams are rollers and the rings are much better. Breaking in is more for the ECM's and other programming to learn how you drive the truck, just follow the manual and you'll be fine.

Just follow the maintenance schedule and you'll be fine. There's always the lease and then buy option but I don' think you're getting the best deal that way. I'd probably go for a lease.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've heard you'll always lose a good chunk when you lease and then buy ?
Well yeah, isn't it a matter of all that money you paid not amounting to anything in the end? At least that's the way I see it. Always thought they would let you buy it as if buying a used car for the first time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will you lease or buy BluePill? You seem like the buying kind of person and people who are in the states can probably get lifetime warranty on their Fords.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've heard depending on your occupation it could be a good idea to lease just not buy-back after. Like realtors tend to lease. I've seen construction workers lease as well for some reason though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Most likely so that their pickup will always be covered by warranty. Generally, leases ends before the factory warranty does. Knowing this, I'd probably still buy one because I generally keep my cars for a long time, my record is 10 years and still going. Mopar lifetime warranty will cover the pickup once the factory one is over.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not really sure, I don't keep track of the mileage and it goes for maintenance based on the sticker's date. It's definitely under 100k but not for long. It makes more sense for me to outright purchase a vehicle but with how much technology is advancing and how fast cars are improving, I may look into leasing. really on the fence right now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fyi..just talked to dealer ford is offering no financing or incentives on any of the diesels. They will not honor any PCO offering also...they modified cash offers to exclude diesels. Sad part is I have my order which even the dealer thought would be eligible sitting on their lot. The dealer is panicking we are trying to figure out what to do. This is pretty short sighted of Ford.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts