Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 F-150 Lariat 3.0 FX4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to ask if anyone on here has had any trouble or issues with there diesels? I haven’t hand any but just seeing if there has been any to keep a

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
This engine has been around a long time in European vehicles and has an excellent record. When they adapted it to the F150 there were several modifications, mostly to meet the US EPA mandates. Almost all problems I have heard of seem to be related to the egr valve issue. Ford bought my first 3.0 back due to egr issues but my new truck has been flawless with a little over 1,800 miles.

·
Registered
308 Posts
This engine has been around a long time in European vehicles and has an excellent record. When they adapted it to the F150 there were several modifications, mostly to meet the US EPA mandates. Almost all problems I have heard of seem to be related to the egr valve issue. Ford bought my first 3.0 back due to egr issues but my new truck has been flawless with a little over 1,800 miles.
As these age I bet it will maintain value better than regular F-150's and even the upcoming hybrids due to the longevity.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had mine a little over a year now, have 42k miles on it, and have not had it in the shop yet. I do need to take it for a recall that popped up, but not one problem out of it. I average 25-27mpg out of it, that would be highway and city Miles.

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
Very very few. I think these were made really well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have a 2018 Platinum, currently only 4,000 miles, but never a problem since I bought in last April. The date on the build sticker says 10/18 so I suppose it is one of the last 2018's before the 19's were made. It has had the EGR recall done for the screws before I bought it, and everything is working very well.

Investigating currently to see if anyone is making soot/engine oil separators that will filter the soot from the engine oil. Plenty available for the big Power Strokes, not seeing anything for the 3.0L yet. Had the first oil change at 900 miles, will be switching to Amsoil at 5000. The oil is already black, so I am having issues thinking that 10K oil changes is just down right stupid. Until someone makes that oil soot filter, and hopefully they do...this engine is getting its oil changed every 5K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts