Diesel F150 Forum banner
261 - 280 of 303 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Dealer fixed the error code, don’t know what the problem was and it was not on the repair receipt so I suspect it was something simple like I expected.

They also installed a new power cord for the block heater.

All up to date now on recalls, wonder what is next.

KR2018

· Super Moderator
847 Posts
I like the blue as well. I have been mulling going and getting this Duramax Denali. I just really really like the blue for some reason. No I am not selling the F150. Just another toy.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
847 Posts
No issue except it wasn't ready and it's nnot ready yet. It's turning into a 3-day job to do the EGR replacement. Thurs, Fri, Monday. No rental.
Mine turned into that also but ended well.

· Registered
22 Posts
Mine was a three day job; 'picked it up today.
The screws were both intact in mine, but the black King Ranch next to mine ingested screws. The cab was up and the engine torn apart.
I agree with the engine reprogram comments I read, there seems to be less turbo lag. Wishful thinking?

· Super Moderator
847 Posts
Mine was a three day job; 'picked it up today.
The screws were both intact in mine, but the black King Ranch next to mine ingested screws. The cab was up and the engine torn apart.
I agree with the engine reprogram comments I read, there seems to be less turbo lag. Wishful thinking?

Poor King Ranch, wonder how many more there are that we dont even hear about. We are a small small number of people on here. I am in a city of 7 million. I see at least 1 a day now on the road. I think I am in the only member from Houston on here. There are alot more out there than we see on here.

· Super Moderator
760 Posts
My EGR case hasn't been resolved yet but I am popping 2 codes, P049D and P226C. Truck is not too peppy and experiences bucking from time to time.

· Registered
37 Posts
Got my EGR replaced a few weeks ago. I wish I would have read this thread first and laid eyes on the 2 screws for peace of mind. It ended up taking a day and a half. Then a couple days later it threw code P245B. Took it back in and the vacuum line had come loose so it must not have been properly reinstalled, but all is running well so far.

· Registered
37 Posts
The warranty might provide financial liability comfort, but it doesn't cease my imagination from picturing a screw hiding in some nook or cranny in the intake just waiting to get sucked into the cylinder at the most inopportune time like 100s of miles away from any dealership pulling a camper on a family vacation.

· Registered
40 Posts
T just waiting to get sucked into the cylinder at the most inopportune time like 100s of miles away from any dealership pulling a camper on a family vacation.
Yes, I can understand that very well, had a street rod truck that I built leave me walking, and the reason I have F150 is I had a 2019 other-make that had many small issues, so I know what you mean.

Just to give your imagination some more fuel, it will also be at night, in a thunder storm, with no cell service, and warm beer. It's called Murphy's Law. :surprise:

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

Just wanted to add my experience.

I purchased a 2018 F150 Diesel in October last year and had the recall done at 9,700 miles. I never saw the original EGR to confirm both screws, didn't think about it until I read this thread. Anyway, the dealer never mentioned anything so I assumed everything was Ok. It took them 4 days to complete the work. They said it was only the second one they had done and it was much harder than Ford claimed.

A day later, I had a leak and took it back. Turned out to be a coolant leak. The dealer claimed the tech had reused a hose clamp, which I guess are single use, and it came undone. I didn't have any problems until 13,500 miles when the truck engine light warning with code P0471 - Exhaust Pressure sensor range/performance showed up. They had the truck for 8 days, they said there were busy, when I finally got a call from them claiming the EBP (Exhaust Back Pressure) sensor went bad. I am not sure if it was related to the recall or not. Though it strikes me as odd...

Curious on others thoughts.

Thanks.

· Super Moderator
847 Posts
Hello all,

Just wanted to add my experience.

I purchased a 2018 F150 Diesel in October last year and had the recall done at 9,700 miles. I never saw the original EGR to confirm both screws, didn't think about it until I read this thread. Anyway, the dealer never mentioned anything so I assumed everything was Ok. It took them 4 days to complete the work. They said it was only the second one they had done and it was much harder than Ford claimed.

A day later, I had a leak and took it back. Turned out to be a coolant leak. The dealer claimed the tech had reused a hose clamp, which I guess are single use, and it came undone. I didn't have any problems until 13,500 miles when the truck engine light warning with code P0471 - Exhaust Pressure sensor range/performance showed up. They had the truck for 8 days, they said there were busy, when I finally got a call from them claiming the EBP (Exhaust Back Pressure) sensor went bad. I am not sure if it was related to the recall or not. Though it strikes me as odd...

Curious on others thoughts.

Thanks.
Probably unrelated. That is a sensor on the DPF system similar to the big 6.7 diesel. The emissions components are going to be the the only thing that give us problems on this truck similar to the 6.7.

I do not think its related to the EGR or screw.

· Registered
6 Posts
I purchased a 2018 King Ranch, FX4, with this engine this past Saturday, I took it back to dealer on Wednesday for them to spray Line-X liner, when i set up the Ford Pass app at the dealership Saturday, minutes after signing the finance paperwork, my sales guy said, looks like 2 recalls need to be done...we’ll take care of them when you bring it back for bed liner...now I see that there was a “Stop Sale” order on these trucks from January 2019...not a good start to FORD ownership!

· Administrator
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
@gcmedic - welcome to the forums and sorry to hear that your dealer didn't perform this FSA before releasing your new vehicle to you.

I would be paying a visit to the dealership's GM to ask why your truck was released to you when there is clearly a STOP SALE on the vehicle until this FSA is performed. If you want to get Ford Corporate and your dealership's attention, use your new vehicle survey (that you should be getting in your e-mail in the next 10-14 days) to express your displeasure with the vehicle being released to you w/o the FSA being performed.

· Registered
6 Posts
That is my plan...I already asked my sales guy why, he said he would ask his boss when he goes to work tomorrow...waiting to hear back from him...that eval can go either way, I’ hoping the dealership will reward my patients!

· Super Moderator
847 Posts
That is my plan...I already asked my sales guy why, he said he would ask his boss when he goes to work tomorrow...waiting to hear back from him...that eval can go either way, I’ hoping the dealership will reward my patients!
Ask them for a new Limited F150 or F250 to drive while they do the EGR :)

261 - 280 of 303 Posts