Diesel F150 Forum banner
281 - 300 of 303 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
...now I see that there was a "Stop Sale” order on these trucks from January 2019...not a good start to FORD ownership!
I also have a 2018 diesel King Ranch. Just after I had made the deal by email, the sales manger called to say that I couldn't pick up the truck for two days because of the "stop sale" order and the repair.

BUT, is the stop sale order a blanket order on all 3.0L diesels or is time of manufacture dependent recall? What I'm asking is what are the your two recalls for ..... and are they a "Stop Sale” recalls? I highly doubt that a dealer would let a vehicle go out with one, but who knows.

· Super Moderator
847 Posts
Only models built before a certain date are effected

· Registered
6 Posts
My recall is for EGR by pass valve, the other was a field service action, simple reprogram...when my sales guy asked his “boss”, he said it was a tsb, not stop sale...I assume that is a technical service bulletin...nonetheless, today the service guy reports he hopes to get a technician on mine tomorrow or Wednesday...we shall see...I think my truck was built in August 2018...

· Registered
40 Posts
OK, now you have a good reason to go ballistic, you must determine / find out for sure if that was a stop sale or a TSB, (from another dealer or internet search) if it was a stop sale then what I would do along with a lot of hints about lawyer up, is DEMAND to see the egr valve before the screws are removed, if they are there, and your OK with that, then all is good. If one of the screws is missing then it's new truck time !

The way you can tell if a car salesman is lying it is whenever his lips are moving.

· Administrator
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
@gcmedic - I gave the Service Manager at my dealership a call today. He checked on FSA 18E02 and the Stop Sale/Delivery Hold is still active for all affected vehicles, so the "boss" isn't being honest nor following Ford's protocols.

Your dealership's tune might change if you did suck a EGR Bypass valve screw into the engine after they released the vehicle to you and before FSA 18E02 was completed, as the dealership would be on-the-hook for any engine repairs, since they didn't enforce the Stop Sale/Delivery Hold order. As mentioned previously, I would not hesitate to hammer them on your New Vehicle Survey, as I'm sure Ford Corporate doesn't want any new Customer Satisfaction issues...

Stop Sale/Delivery Hold is exactly what it sounds like = the dealership should not have released the vehicle to you until the FSA was performed. Given the mark-downs I have seen locally and on the forums here, I am going to assume any dealer is trying to blow out any 2018 Ford F150 PS Diesel inventory they have remaining, since they are most likely selling them at a loss.

· Registered
6 Posts
I’m going to call the service guy tomorrow morning...I’ll for sure ask to see if the screws are there or missing...I’m also waiting anxiously for the customer satisfaction forms to roll in...thanks for all of the comments and advise...

· Registered
6 Posts
I called this morning, their best technician is scheduled to work on my truck today...I was assured they would let me know if there was a missing screw...when I bought the truck June 15, it had 309 miles on it, today it only has 524 miles...surely the screws help that long! Time will tell

· Registered
23 Posts
I called this morning, their best technician is scheduled to work on my truck today...I was assured they would let me know if there was a missing screw...when I bought the truck June 15, it had 309 miles on it, today it only has 524 miles...surely the screws help that long! Time will tell
I would demand to see the old EGR valve... My local dealership lied to me on a daily basis when I was going through the EGR issue. In the end I was one of the unlucky few who did loose an EGR screw in my engine. Ford refused to do anything about it other than a bumper to bumper 100k warranty. Love the truck but have zero confidence it wont strand me someday.

· Registered
377 Posts
@gcmedic glad to hear your good news, thanks for reporting back.

· Super Moderator
847 Posts
Picked my truck up today, both screws were still solidly in place...hope all goes well from here!
It will! My MPG is steadily climbing now that I am approaching 10k+ miles. These diesels take a long time to break in. I drive city and it says 22.6 on the dash right now. Truly impressive.

· Registered
377 Posts
These diesels take a long time to break in.
I heard from multiple people that diesels take 50,000 miles to break in, so if that is true, we aren't seeing our peak mpg's yet.

· Super Moderator
847 Posts
I heard from multiple people that diesels take 50,000 miles to break in, so if that is true, we aren't seeing our peak mpg's yet.
Ehhh that number might be a bit high for these little ones, but yes Detroit and Cummins on-road engines, absolutely. Im at 10k on mine and I think I am just not starting the break in process. I would suspect on this little one it will last to 25-30k. In which power and mileage should just get better.

Reactions: kdjasper

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys new member here. 2018 king ranch 3.p diesel. Bought the truck and the "supposedly did the recall same day the truck shipped to me after I called them and told them it was not performed. Long story short a few thousand miles after receiving the truck egr codes popping up (truck lost power and went into limp mode). Truck left me stranded in new mexico as it went in to limp mode and had to tow it back home (miami fl) been at the dealer for over 48 days and finally they tell me "The EGR flap broke" I'm currently out of town but when I get back in I will be looking at exactly what broke.

· Super Moderator
847 Posts
Hey guys new member here. 2018 king ranch 3.p diesel. Bought the truck and the "supposedly did the recall same day the truck shipped to me after I called them and told them it was not performed. Long story short a few thousand miles after receiving the truck egr codes popping up (truck lost power and went into limp mode). Truck left me stranded in new mexico as it went in to limp mode and had to tow it back home (miami fl) been at the dealer for over 48 days and finally they tell me "The EGR flap broke" I'm currently out of town but when I get back in I will be looking at exactly what broke.
Man that sucks. New motor or truck time.

· Administrator
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 · (Edited)
@Sdrmiami - When you say "did the recall same day the truck shipped to me" does this mean you bought a new 2018 F150 PS Diesel leftover from another dealer and that truck got shipped to your dealer?

Ask for a print-out of your VIN-specific OASIS report for your vehicle to see if they actually did perform the FSA on the date they said they did.

My questions:
  1. If they had the parts in-stock, why would they wait to perform the FSA until someone bought the truck?
  2. And then they were able to magically complete the FSA same day when other dealers took days to perform the same FSA?
  3. And then you have an EGR by-pass valve failure a few thousand miles later?
Seems awfully coincidental to me....

Sounds like another Ford dealer ignoring the "stop sale" edict on these left-over 2018 F150 Diesels w/EGR By-pass defect, leading to yet another poor new vehicle ownership experience....

BTW - welcome to our little club here = sorry your introduction wasn't on a better note...

· Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I finally hit 200k on my 2017 ecoboost and looking to trade it in for a 2018 slightly used 3.0L PS. When I pull up the vin on carfax it doesn’t show a 2018 recall for either 18E02/20E04 and doesn’t show any history of service performed on anything to do with these recall issues. I really like this motor as it is exactly what I need it to do and the only one for sale in my area. The mfg date shows 10/18, does anyone know what the dates were for the 2018 vehicles that were affected? Has anyone heard of anyone that didn’t get their vin recalled but still ran into the fallen bolt issues?

· Super Moderator
760 Posts
As I recall 10/18 is the magic number. I can’t remember the exact day though. I just looked it up and it looks like October 9. 2018. Can your dealer get you an Oasis report? If it is an open issue still this will show up.

281 - 300 of 303 Posts